- Set-up was a breeze after watching the Troy Hunt series on YouTube.
- Integrates really nicely with the controller UI. I've not experienced the controller without the USG so its hard to compare, but once it has been 'adopted' you don't feel you are having to administer a different product.
- DPI is insightful
- All options I can thing to use (admittedly I'm a novice) are presented in the UI
- The VOIP port can apparently now be used as a second WAN or LAN port, which could be quite useful
The not so good
- Like the cloud controller key, this always react nicely to improper shutdowns. I'm having the mains power tripping at my place at the moment and in the last two or three weeks both the USG and the cloud controller have had to be hard reset as they haven't come back up properly since the power went. There are loads of support forum tips on what to do when this happens and it is fairly easy to get back up and running, it just means I'm probably going to have to look into a UPS with some added smarts to tell this to shutdown in case it sees a power issue.
- Running a little hot in the horizontal position - will look into vertical mounting for airflow.